Skip to content
Case Histories – Personal Injury
- Our team represented a client in the Macondo blowout that occurred in the Gulf of Mexico in 2008. Signa was deposed and our client was dismissed as a defendant.
- Signa demonstrated that a service company was not responsible (either by omission or commission) for a personal injury/fatality incurred by a third party.
- Signa engineers demonstrated that an operator was not responsible for personal injury/fatality after a wellhead was damaged by forklift operator error.
- Our team investigated casing that fell out of position during makeup. Signa demonstrated the derrick was not centered over the hole, making casing handling hazardous.
- Signa showed how a failure in a BOP stack element occurred during Managed Pressure Drilling, resulting in a blowout, extensive property damage, and injuries to the crew.
- Signa engineers testified at trial to demonstrate how an injury was not caused by the client or client’s equipment during tripping operations at the rigsite.